DSA Development Setups
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For internal generic report development:
- make a tds of just the essential fields - attributes and measures only, no sets or parameters or objects that depend on them
- make a twbx of this
- on the Dev box, open the twbx and publish the tds (as ERPName ModuleCode TdsName) Sage 100 SA Sales (just the datasource, not the twb)
- open a blank twb and link to the Server data source (or swap it in from another twb, but then be sure to delete any extraneous objects, and check for hidden objects)
- develop the twb. You may include sets, parameters, and other calculated objects in the twb.
- Do not rename any calculated object in the twb - delete and recreate it instead, so the XML is clean.
- make copies and modifications of the twb as needed.
- use an XML editor to convert the Server's data source name to just (ModuleCode TdsName) SA Sales (no spaces)
- if ERP-specific objects were used in the original tds, use an XML editor to rename those objects (Location -> Warehouse, etc)
There is an xlsx file of the standards of which fields are the base fields to have in OOTB report creation.