DSA User Interface Types
DataSelf User Interface Types
A user interface is the means by which you communicate with and control your DataSelf reports, views and dashboards.
You may access the user interfaces via the following methods:
- A web browser connected to your DataSelf Web Server over the internet or intranet.
- A mobile device (iOS and Android apps) connected to your DataSelf Web Server over the internet or intranet.
- A PC or Mac running DataSelf Desktop.
- Individuals can also automatically receive DataSelf reports and dashboards by email and/or shared folders.
DSA Automatic Distribution Module:
The Automatic Distribution module allows the scheduling of individualized PDF or PNG reports via shared folders and/or emails.
For instance, automatically emailing a 'Weekly Sales by Customer' report. The VP of Sales receives the report with all sales, while each salesperson receives their individual sales.
Slicing & dicing of reports on web and mobile. It includes a Tableau OEM Server User with up to Viewer role rights. The features below are available for Viewer users. Admin users can control the actual features available to individuals or groups of users.
- Consuming preconfigured reports, views, dashboards and stories on web and mobile devices (native apps for Android and iOS).
- Downloading of underlying data.
- Printing and exporting to PDF and PNG.
- Dashboard, reports and data rendering can be controlled by user credentials.
- Sorting by field/manual sorting.
- Filters: Popular filter features including global filters.
- Creating and consuming report subscriptions and data-driven alerts.
- Custom views: Ability to create and share custom views from existing reports based on personalized filters and sorts.
For creation, publishing, and slicing & dicing of reports on web and mobile devices. It includes a Tableau OEM Server User with up to Site Administrator role rights.
Explorer users have all the Viewer rights, plus web edit with publishing rights (Publishing means the ability to prepare and save reports for other users):
- Extensive ad hoc analysis capabilities.
- Creating new queries and dashboards.
- Create and edit new calculated fields and groups.
- Metadata management: Rename field names.
- Ability to save changes to existing reports and dashboards.
- Ability to create, save and publish new reports and dashboards.
- Explorer with Site Admin credentials may also configure:
- Web Server Site administration features.
- Web Server Site security settings.
For creation, publishing and slicing & dicing of reports on desktop, web and mobile devices. It includes a Tableau Desktop and a Tableau OEM Server User with up to Site Administrator or Server Administrator (on-premises) role rights. Individual users' features and rights are configurable by Creators with full admin rights.
Creator users have all the Explorer rights, plus a fuller set of:
- The Desktop client provides the complete set of analysis, reporting and dashboarding features.
- The desktop client usually provides faster user-interface interactions.
- Data connections: Create and edit data connections (data sources). The Tableau OEM version requires all data to pass through DataSelf's data warehouse. For more information, read https://dataself.com/tableau-retail-oem/ and contact us.
- Create and edit new sets, parameters, bins, groups, and actions.
- Metadata management: Edit and change field names and values (such as hierarchies, renaming, change data types); edit titles/captions/annotations.
- Charts: Add reference lines or edit axis on charts; mapping features; dual axis charts.
- Filters: Make global filters or apply them to the non-active worksheet; use of filtering options (such as wildcard, condition and top).
- Creators with Site Administrator or Server Administrator (on-premises only) role may also configure:
- Web Server administration features.
- Web Server security settings.