See ETL Help file at http://www.dataself.com/dsbi/docs/dsetlhelp2009a.htm
Key Wizards (most of the other wizards support the functionality of these two):
Filter Wizard (ALT-F)
- Defines a filter (selection criteria) which can be referenced by the Import Table Wizard.
- See also: Import a Table with a Filter (Workflow)
Formula Wizard (ALT-M)
- Defines formulas (calculations or functions) used to calculate values for formula fields.
The Formula Wizard manages all functions except for the aggregate functions (SUM, AVE, MIN, MAX, etc) which are managed by the Summary Wizard .
See also: Formula Wizard - Getting Started Videos
Navigation to add new table: Click icon in icon toolbar.
Navigation to modify existing table: Select the table in the Browse Table window, CTRL-I.
Maps source data bases to data warehouse tables. Populates the list of tables shown in the Browse Table window.
Index/Sort Wizard (ALT-0)
Refresh Wizard (ALT-S)
- Defines the table refresh, cube refresh, and other schedulable processes in a refresh batch.
Relationship Wizard (ALT-R)
Summary Wizard (ALT-Y)
- Summary Functions: Count, Maximum, Minimum, Sum, Average
The functions managed by the Summary Wizard correspond to the SQL aggregate functions COUNT(), MAX(), MIN(), SUM(), and AVG(). Summary/aggregate functions must first be defined in the Summary Wizard before they can be referenced in the Formula Wizard.
User Wizard (ALT-U)
- ETL security profiles.
Related ETL Pages
Browse Table window (ALT-T)
The Browse Table window is the ETL's default operational window. Many ETL tasks and workflows start from here.
ETL Icon Toolbar
The icons start the various ETL wizards.
Procedural / How-to instructions. A good place to start to understand how the various wizards work together. These workflows are a kind of topical table-of-contents for the more detailed sections of documentation.