Excel report refresh failed
The DSRefresh was successful. The the call to perform the Excel report refresh failed, but the job was not flagged as failed. No errors in any of the logs. The only way to see the problem was to open up the View History on the job.
Rick received an e-mail from a sales rep stating the reports were not refreshed. I checked the SQL server and found Excel still running in Task Manager, but the SQL jobs were completed.
I’ve checked into notifications & alerts, but when there is not error, I have to be more creative. So I’ve added a notification to send an e-mail when the text “The remote procedure call failed.” is found.