Jump to navigation Jump to search
These instructions assume a DataSelf BI (or DataSelf Analytics) system has already been installed and is working properly (including the connections to data sources and the data warehouse).
- Perform this procedure when no one is accessing the server or its files.
- Do a backup of your critical files beforehand and/or after the next step below.
- Run DataSelf ETL and perform the following backups:
- Data warehouse: Tools > Back up > Data Warehouse Database. This may take a while and may require plenty of free disk space.
- Metadata: Tools > Back up > Metadata.
- Save the new template file under the DataSelf ETL's Project folder (typically at \Program Files (x86)\DataSelf\DataSelf ETL\Project\).
- Optional: Copy and paste the old ETL project folder just to have a handy local backup in case you need to quickly switch back to it.
- Extract the new template file. If it's an .exe, just run it. If it's a zip file, be sure the extracted main folder (ProjectName) is under the ..\DataSelf ERL\Project\ folder.