DSA User Interface Types
DataSelf User Interface Types
You can connect to DataSelf Analytics (DSA) by several means including your PC, Mac, the web, and mobile devices. DSA reports can also be sent by email.
A user interface is the means by which you communicate with and control your DSA reports, views and dashboards.
You may access the user interfaces via the following methods:
- A web browser connected to your DSA Server over the internet or internal network (intranet).
- A mobile device connected to your DSA Server over the internet or internal network.
- A PC or Mac running DSA Desktop.
- Individuals can also receive DSA views (reports and dashboards) by email.
A report (or "view") is a tabular report comprised of columns and rows, or by a graphical report (a chart).
A dashboard is usually comprised of one or more reports shown together. Dashboards maximum layout size is 4000x4000 pixels.
DSA Automatic Distribution Module:
The Automatic Distribution module allows the scheduling of individualized PDF or PNG reports to an unlimited number of recipients via shared folders and/or emails. For instance, automatically emailing a 'Weekly Sales by Customer' report. The VP of Sales receives the report with all sales, while each salesperson receives their individual sales.
Slicing & dicing of reports on web and mobile. It includes a Tableau OEM Server User with Interactor rights. In many organizations, some Viewer users won't have access to the report Editing features.
- Downloading of underlying data.
- Printing and exporting to PDF and PNG.
- Dashboard, reports and data rendering can be controlled by user credentials.
- Creating and consuming data-driven alerts.
- Sorting by field/manual sorting.
- Consuming preconfigured reports, views, dashboards and stories on web and mobile devices.
- Charts: Features Show Me button and the Analytics tab.
- Filters: Popular filter features including global filters.
- Custom views: Ability to create custom views from existing reports based on personalized filters and sorts.
- Extensive ad hoc analysis capabilities. IMPORTANT: Viewer users can create - but NOT save - any ad hoc analysis aside from those listed above. The features below are available, but can't be saved:
- Creating new queries and dashboards.
- Create and edit new calculated fields and groups.
- Metadata management: Rename field names.
For creation, publishing, and slicing & dicing of reports on web and mobile devices. It includes a Tableau OEM Server User.
Explorer users have all the Viewer rights, plus web edit with publishing rights:
- Ability to save changes to existing reports and dashboards.
- Ability to create, save and publish new reports and dashboards.
- Publishing means the ability to prepare and save reports for other users.
- Explorer with Site Admin credentials may also configure:
- Web Server Site administration features.
- Web Server Site security settings.
For creation, publishing and slicing & dicing of reports. It includes a Tableau OEM Desktop and a Tableau OEM Server User. This is the most powerful desktop/web/mobile option. Individual users' features and rights are configurable by Creators with full admin rights.
Creator users have all the Explorer rights, plus a fuller set of:
- The Desktop client provides the complete set of analysis, reporting and dashboarding features.
- The desktop client usually provides faster user-interface interactions.
- Data connections: Create and edit data connections (data sources).
- Create and edit new sets, parameters, bins, groups, and actions.
- Metadata management: Edit and change field names and values (such as hierarchies, renaming, change data types); edit titles/captions/annotations.
- Charts: Add reference lines or edit axis on charts; mapping features; dual axis charts.
- Filters: Make global filters or apply them to the non-active worksheet; use of filtering options (such as wildcard, condition and top).
- Creators with Server Administrator (on-premises only) or Site Administrator role may also configure:
- Web Server administration features.
- Web Server security settings.