ETL menu bar: Help > Online help
Or see ETL Help file at http://www.dataself.com/dsbi/docs/dsetlhelp2009a.htm
Online help page on Importing from Excel Files: http://www.dataself.com/dsbi/docs/ETLExcelImport.htm
- Steps to specify import (mapping) criteria.
- Refresh (import) data.
- Schedule imported tables for periodic refresh.
ETL metadata includes information about import mappings, data sources, data warehouse fields, filters, formulas (calculations), summary operations, relationships, and indexes. See Print Metadata and Print All Metadata on the right-click menu of the Browse Table window to generate reports.
See ETL Help file at http://www.dataself.com/dsbi/docs/dsetlhelp2009a.htm
The most powerful wizard of all is the Import Table Wizard.
Filter Wizard (ALT-F)
- Defines a filter (selection criteria) which can be referenced by the Import Table Wizard.
- See also: Import a Table with a Filter (Workflow)
Formula Wizard (ALT-M)
- Defines formulas (calculations or functions) used to calculate values for formula fields.
The Formula Wizard manages all functions except for the aggregate functions (SUM, AVE, MIN, MAX, etc) which are managed by the Summary Wizard .
Navigation to add new table: Click icon in icon toolbar.
Navigation to modify existing table: Select the table in the Browse Table window, CTRL-I.
Maps source data bases to data warehouse tables. Populates the list of tables shown in the Browse Table window.
Index/Sort Wizard (ALT-0)
Refresh Wizard (ALT-S)
- Defines the table refresh, cube refresh, and other schedulable processes in a refresh batch.
Relationship Wizard (ALT-R)
Summary Wizard (ALT-Y)
- Summary Functions: Count, Maximum, Minimum, Sum, Average
The functions managed by the Summary Wizard correspond to the SQL aggregate functions COUNT(), MAX(), MIN(), SUM(), and AVG(). Summary/aggregate functions must first be defined in the Summary Wizard before they can be referenced in the Formula Wizard.
User Wizard (ALT-U)
- ETL security profiles.
Browse Table window (ALT-T)
The Browse Table window is the ETL's default operational window. Many ETL tasks and workflows start from here.
Browse Data windows
- Navigation: Double-click on any table name in the Browse Table window.
The so-called "browse data" windows display the data stored in the data warehouse tables listed in the Browse Table window.
Browse Table - Right-click Menu
Right-click on any row in the Browse Table window.
- Navigation: Right-click on a table name in the Browse Table window, click Print Metadata.
Printer Refresh Info
Modify Import/Mapping window (Ctrl-I)
- Navigation: Right-click on a table name in the Browse Table window, click Modify Import/Mapping.
- Modify Import/Mapping invokes a subset of the Import Table Wizard. Used to modify the mappings of existing tables that have already been imported to DataSelf's data warehouse.
Modify Structure window (Ctrl-M)
- Navigation: Right-click on a table name in the Browse Table window, click Modify Structure.
- Navigation: Right-click on a table name in the Browse Table window, click Delete.
- Delete the imported table (the table in the DS data warehouse).
Re-index table. A subset of the complete Refresh process.
- Navigation: Right-click on a table name in the Browse Table window, click 'Refresh.
Refresh the table currently selected in the Browse Table window. A refresh updates the table in the data warehouse from the source data according to the import mapping specified in the Import Table Wizard.
Refresh all Tables
Recalculate formulas. A subset of the complete Refresh process.
May no longer be supported.
ETL Menu Bar (Menu Items)
SQL Server Connection
Reset Dialog Size and Position
Change User/Password of ODBC
ETL Toolbar Menu (Icons)
Most of the icons invoke the variousETL wizards.
View ETL Log (ALT-E)
- ETL logging, log file settings
ETL Logic ( Logic, Functions and Operators )
- NULL_Values - Ceiling, Round