Difference between revisions of "DataSelf ETL Release Notes"
|Line 112:||Line 112:|
== ETL Release 2013.
== ETL Release 2013..==
=== Import Directly from Excel Files and Access Databases ===
=== Import Directly from Excel Files and Access Databases ===
Revision as of 21:25, 26 June 2014
- 1 ETL Upgrade Links - ETL Upgrade Installation files
- 2 ETL Release 2014.2.129
- 3 ETL Release 2013.4.081
- 4 ETL Release 2013.002.10
ETL Upgrade Links - ETL Upgrade Installation files
ETL Release 2014.2.129
- A new Refresh Wizard Refresh Type which allows to run external applications as part of the ETL’s refresh process.
- The built-in backup procedure will skip locked files, and notify the user about that.
- Modify Table wizard: When switching between fields with Tab, the ETL marks the whole field name facilitating the renaming of fields.
- Formula creation supports integers (bigint by default).
- When importing an Integer from a source table, the ETL will import that field as Int (I10) regardless of the type of the integer in the source.
- A significantly simplified DataSelf ETL installer will facilitate the solution installation. During the installation process, the installer will automatically apply the latest ETL engine upgrade version as well as properly installing the solution’s templates on disk. This is the first step in a series of improvements targeted to automate the complete solution procedure as much as possible.
- The ETL installer is replacing the icons and paths to DSA.
- The ETL was freezing when saving a formula with an IF statement.
- The ETL was freezing when saving a new formula with an Integer format.
- The creation of new integer formulas wasn't creating the correct field format.
- Modify Structure Wizard: When entering a field name, the ETL was validating if there's a duplicated name as the new name was entered. Now the name validation only occurs when the user leaves that field.
- Creation of new sorts: Sorts are not being created in SQL at the time of sort creation.
- New indexes would only work for table browsing drill down after the table is refreshed at least once.
- The ETL no longer freezes when performing remapping of fields that are no longer existent in source tables.
- If a character field in a source table increased in size and there are records using the additional size, the ETL wasn't reporting an import error due to structural changes.
- Print preview of table metadata sometimes wasn't working.
- Print metadata and export to HTML sometimes wasn't working.
- Sometimes the ETL wasn't retaining the product registration.
- Tools > backup: The backup would not complete if the ETL was closed before the procedure ends the backup.
- Remove "Modify Field Structure" menu from dialogs in the ETL.
- If the ETL has been upgraded, the ETL will only run "Adjust field structure" as needed at the first time there's a table refresh.
- Adjustments to the Replace with Control (RWC) engine: Control Field selection was unavailable, and tables with over 10 million records could have conflict with the garbage collector preventing new records to be imported.
- Creation of new indexes sometimes requires to press ESC to finish the creation process.
- If a character field in a source table increased in size and there are records using the additional size, the ETL will report import error due to structural changes and will freeze if running via dsrefresh.exe.
- Metadata backup is replacing the spaces in folders and files' names by '_'. Ex.: "Report 1.xls" turns into "Report_1.xls".
- Print Metadata and export to TXT shows incomplete data.
- Print Metadata and export to TXT may freeze the ETL.
- Print Metadata to all tables and export to HTML may freeze the ETL.
- Clean up Refresh Wizard report - it may show ghost information.
- Table metadata report: fix formatting, file size, add summary at the top of report.
- Formula wizard: when creating case statements with functions, allow users to build the statement in any order. Today, the user has to enter a field, then the case statement, then the function. If this order is not followed the wizard will put "case" inside of the function instead of outside.
- Refresh wizard - Job Scheduler: it doesn't accept ranges outside of 1-24 for "occurs every" feature.
- Table Union should proceed even if one of the tables fails to import, but ETL should report issue.
- After opening ETL > About, if you click ESC the ETL freezes.
- Clicking Next in Import Table Wizard - Start does nothing when the Excel file is missing or it contains badly formatted data.
- During installation, the ETL may not find the MS SQL data folder automatically.
- When refreshing with Refresh Wizard Open File feature, it always logs failure, even though it worked successfully.
- Refresh wizard: clicking the UP arrow to reorganize steps orders may blank out the wizard's configuration. Close ETL and restart process to work around it.
- Upon Import Table Wizard of an existing table, often the ETL requests for a "fields with different sizes. confirm auto tuning". Regardless of the answer to this dialog, the ETL will request that again next time. In this version, it seems this is working for some cases - not all fields.
- Import of data type of Byte and UniqueIdentifier is not being processed by the ETL.
ETL Release 2013.4.081
Support for more Types of Data Source Connections
In recent releases several new data source connection types have been added to the Import Table Wizard. The data source types recently added are:
- MS SQL SERVER
- MS Excel
- MS Access
Changes have been made to several Import Table Wizard windows and a new window, Import Table Wizard - Data Source Settings, was added.
Modify Structure Window Replaced
The Modify Table wizard was completely redesigned to simplify the process of changing table names, field names, and field data types. The naming scheme for the data types was changed to reflect those used in Microsoft SQL Server. Support for the new integer data types was added. The number of keystrokes required to make changes was cut about %50.
ETL Supports Integer Data Types
Prior to this release all integer data was written to a fixed decimal point, numeric data type. Integer data types now supported include:
- Int - 4 byte integer, +2.14 billion to -2.14 billion
- SmallInt - 2 byte integer; +32,768 to -32,767
- TinyInt - 1 byte integer; 0 to 255
NOTE: Both the int and numeric data types are exact data types. They store an exact representation of the number; there is no approximation of the stored value.
Refresh Report Email Configuration Improved
- Tools > Refresh Report Email Configuration
The Refresh Report Email Configuration window was redesigned to streamline the process. A new Test Configuration Account button was added that sends a test email using the configuration.
Added Protocol Box to FTP Configuration Window
- Tools > FTP > FTP Configuration
- Table Union wizard must remember table name when adding new unions.
- Improved speed to import Excel files.
- Improved speed to release cursor after refreshing a table.
- Improved speed to see list of tables to import.
- Improved speed to build list of available fields to import.
- Improved speed to close/shut down the ETL.
- Table browsing is working again with tables up to 2GB big.
- Fixed the creation of primary keys.
- Improved speed and use of disk space by RWC.
- Find ways to time out SQL Jobs.
- Failure in formulas pulling table summaries from fields with M size in the source.
- ETL upgrade could delete relationships using indexes of different formats.
- Update product icons.
- Update Splash pictures.
ETL Release 2013.002.10
Import Directly from Excel Files and Access Databases
New connections to Microsoft Excel files and Microsoft Access databases are now available. These new data source types no longer require an external ODBC (DSN) connection. More
Changes were made to several Import Table Wizard windows and a new window, Import Table Wizard - Data Source Settings, was added.
Support of Primary Keys